Monday, August 19, 2013

Forever Remembered Country Music #1


You hear one of those songs come on the radio, those ones that will give you shivers on a humid Heartland summer day when your sweating yet you just shivered. We all know those songs as some of the most influential, real to life, remembered songs for generations to come. I'm gonna start this new label on Wenya and Yoeli called the "Forever Remembered Country Music". This label will consist of the songs that can make any cowboy or cowgirl shiver because of the impact of the song. I don't know if other genres have songs like those in country music (due to the fact I've only ever listened to country music my entire life), but the songs in country music describe my life. I'm sure they explain your life, as well.



I had a hard time deciding which of two songs to do first in the series of posts (that may go on forever) but I finally decided on Garth Brooks' "The Dance". And Garth, he's a hard man to find videos for in the internet world. He shouldn't be hard, but he sure is!


Click here to watch The Dance by Garth Brooks

"And now, I'm glad I didn't know
the way it all would end, the way it all would go.
Our lives are better left to chance;
I could have missed the pain,
but I'd have had to miss the dance."     - Garth Brooks 

Those pictured in video:

  • John Wayne, the Duke of Hollywood, was diagnosed with stomach cancer in 1978 and on June 11, 1979 he died. 
  • JFK, 35th president of the United States, was assassinated on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas on his way to Dealey Plaza.
  • Martin Luther King, Jr., activist in the African American Civil Rights Movement and other civil rights, was assassinated while standing on the second floor balcony of his suite in Memphis, Tennessee on April 4, 1968.
  • Lane Frost, most well known bull rider in rodeo history, who died riding the bull "Takin' Care Of Business" on July 30, 1989 at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo in Wyoming.
  • 1986 NASA space team (seven members), the astronauts that boarded the US space shuttle the Challenger, died when the Challenger disinterigrated after seven seconds in flight in 1986.
  • Keith Whitley, well known country artist, died of alcohol poisoning on May 9, 1989. 
-Wenya- 

No comments:

Post a Comment