Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Don't Want to be "Skinny"

First, I'd like to apologize for not posting for a month. It's not because I don't love y'all or that we are canning the blog. I have been at musical practice 3-5 times a week since the beginning of February up until this Monday. After that we have four performances, and then we are finished. I'll have an empty void in my week where musical related events were, but life moves on with memories in my heart.

Secondly,



Wenya (left) and Yoeli (right)
We took this way back in late
summer but I thought you'd like
to see a photo of us. :)

Third, the main chunk of today's post. A great deal of women want to look like...

Anja Rubik on Vogue Paris
(September 2012)

Cameron Russell,
Victoria Secret Underwear Model
(as she calls herself).

We can't look like that, not even Cameron looks like that. 

TED 2012 - Cameron Russell
"Looks aren't everything. Believe me, 
I'm a model."

After listening to Cameron boil everything down about modeling and being "skinny" I didn't want that life. Yes, I want to be skinny but not "skinny". "Skinny" girls aren't real, they are edited to look like someone perfect. Not even Cameron believes she is the edited version of herself. If you need a good reason to slim down let it be something like a military wife gifting her husband or even a wife/not yet wife preparing for the fact that her husband deserves arm candy (as we will call it of lack of better words). Women want thigh gaps, big boobs, nice asses, thin thighs, small waists, perfect faces, and long legs but you can't possible make yourself look like the edited women modeling. Please just hear one thing from this post - it is not possible to look like an edit, they are not real. If you look at models when they are not on the red carpets, runways, and photo shoots they are covered almost completely. They don't have deep revealing v-neck or scoop necklines, they cover up and wear looser clothes than I see on myself and classmates everyday. We are turning into a body image driven culture, that can't possibly be right. Decide once and for all why you want to be look like Cameron after she is edited or wear deeply revealing clothes.

-Wenya-



No comments:

Post a Comment